Are you planning to visit Canada from Australia as a tourist to experience the natural beauty that the country holds? Well, as an Australian citizen, there’s not much that you will need. If you have an Australian passport, you must have a Canadian Tourist Visa attached. It is issued by the Visa Office of Canada and proves that you have fulfilled all the requirements. It is also called a Temporary Resident Visa or Visitor Visa Australia. So without wasting time, let’s move on to the types of visas and the requirements you need to fulfill. We will also cover the details of rural immigration Canada from Australia and what options are available.
Types of Visitor Visas for Canada
You can choose from two types of Visitor Visas for Canada:
- Single Entry Visas: As the name says, these Visas are granted for six months, and there are fewer requirements to fulfill for this one.
- Multiple-Entry Visa: Visas for multiple entries can be obtained for up to ten years, one month before the passport expiration date, or whichever date comes first.
You can choose the one that best meets your requirements. You can visit the Canadian Visa office or their website to learn about other available programs and options.
Eligibility Requirements for Visit Visa
The eligibility requirements for a visit visa from Australia to Canada are as follows:
- You should be 18 years or older, or if you are under 18, you should have written parental consent.
- You must have an onward ticket.
- You must not intend to work in Canada during your stay.
- You must not intend to stay in Canada for more than six months unless you participate in an organized tour.
- Suppose you are applying as a transit passenger. In that case, you must be traveling through the airport of your destination country or transiting through the United States on your way to another country.
- You should have enough money (at least CA $10,000) to support yourself during your stay.
- You must not have any criminal convictions that make you inadmissible to Canada.
- You must not have medical conditions that make you inadmissible to Canada, such as drug use or infectious diseases.
What Are Your Odds As An Australian In Canada?
Australians have one of the best chances of any prospective immigrants to Canada. Australians are the only nationality to earn unlimited working vacation slots through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program regarding temporary work permits. Moreover, Australians up to 35 can now apply for two-year open work licenses.
Australia and Canada have a lot of similarities which make their people easily get along and work in a homely environment. Even if you look at the education levels, English speaking skills (Natural), weather conditions, and industrial hubs (Sydney & Toronto), they are also very similar.
Many Australians and people of other nationalities apply for rural immigration Canada, which is the process of immigrants coming to Canada who settle in rural regions. Australians have an advantage here, too, as they naturally meet most of the eligibility requirements.